Very Good Quote

"Your assumptions are your windows to the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or light won't come in."

Friday 17 April 2009

Buddha Statues

Just been to the market and being Songkarn season, there still a laid back atmosphere. Even so it was a surprise to come across a sheltered area containing several wooden statues of Lord Buddha . I stood for a few moments to take in the sight and watched a few people making merit and private prayers. They seems oblivious to all the traffic and general activities going on around them.

I could understand it if I was in a church or temple where you expect some quiet, But in a car park which was being transformed into an evening market as I stood there, it seemed strange to a say the least. So a few quick photos. Having reviewed them, and on a totally separate point I realize I’m getting fat!!! That or the Buddha's are getting thinner. And I think I know which it is!!!

No comments: