Very Good Quote

"Your assumptions are your windows to the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or light won't come in."

Tuesday 5 May 2020

Ghana 62 Lock Down Over

As if we don't hear enough about Corona Virus and I'm going ot add some more....

I had been busy blogging about my woes for a few week and stopped. Actually did not realize I had stopped writing. Not until I looked at my last post and thought "whow, that was ages ago ".

I really do not know where this last week has gone.  Mid May already and time is flying.  We even had the May1st holiday (joke) same as every other day....Stayed home. Actually went to the shop for some bread. Had to wear a face mask. Wash hands out side etc.

Palace Mall which I went to the other day is a big outlet and also has the same regime but even more sophisticated.  They make you wash your hands and provide the water, soap etc.  And paper towels.  Then they also provide the plastic gloves. Compulsory.  You know the sort, use them for painting etc, very cheap and cheerful. Last about 5 minutes if you are lucky. Absolutely paper thin and difficult to open.  Even harder to put on with wet hands.  Found the solution. Blow into them.  But of course you have to remove the face mask to make this work... Get a few strange looks while doing this I can tell you. Bit of a catch 22......

Quite a mental and physical work out just to get into the shop.  And a lot of folks at the entrance foyer all going in. Most with all the time in the world... Having to do such physical dexterity as to be quick.... So all a bit chaotic. Then there is the choosing of a trolley which also needs the handles cleaned and dried..... You get this far and think great lets get this done, out of here then home !!!!!!  But no.  Then the real challenges begin.  Hands covered in plastic, you try and open a plastic bag to put vegetables in..... You know the ones you find them at the end of the veggie area in rolls. Takes forever to get that sorted. Plastic on plastic.  Nightmare.  Removing the wallet from my back pocket and sorting out money is also a challenge.  I have enough trouble opening my wallet at the best of times !!!!! Let along when I have the added gloves and mask and need to extract the store card as well.

So apart from extreme physical work out at the shops I've been going to work, back home, sleep, going to work, back home, sleep,  you get the picture. Well, while we are being told officially Ghana is improving, all under control etc etc, and the lock down is over, with some restrictions not much seems to have changed.  Except............ the numbers keep rising. yesterday we jumped from 2016 to 2719 in a day !!!  Big percentage and I'm sure there is a lot more to come....

Dreading my next shopping trip.... 😎

No comments: