Very Good Quote

"Your assumptions are your windows to the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or light won't come in."

Monday 1 January 2018

Ghana 18 Happy New Year and Coffee.........................one day

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year. We did !!!!! Flew bye. No time for Bloging....

Christmas in Seychelles and New Years eve in Ghana.Fantastic time with family and friends. I think 2018 is also going to be a good one...

Christmas is a time of giving and receiving.  I was given a fabulous gift. DIY Coffee. (Thanks Sarah).  Very thoughtful. Simple thing but will be a lot of fun to follow.  I do s somehow doubt in spite of my constant optimism that I will every get to the point of grinding my own coffee beans but heck lets give it a go.


10 Coffee seeds/beans

Lovely little kit of coffee beans, growing pot and coconut fibre grow material.

Yesterday on getting back to Ghana one of the first things I did I've opened  the box.  Instructions are clear. Soak seeds in a warm place for 24 hours.  Done that.  Hence the Blog !!! Interesting some sink and some stay floating.
Soaking the Seeds


Now all planted and sitting in a dark room.




Side of box tells me I have to wait a few months for the seeds to germinate.... that's conveniently written in small print. Wait a few months, me ?????    !!!!!!!!!!  That's for germination and another  ? years before I get me coffee beans..... So watch this spot in 2023........  Till then I'll keep you updated and write about other faster things..... I used to think watching lettuce growing was slow but this........ puts a whole new concept on the idea of slow.....

No comments: