Very Good Quote

"Your assumptions are your windows to the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or light won't come in."

Wednesday 16 August 2017

Ghana 7 Evening time in Accra

Accra is basically a flat city. By that I mean no mountains or large hills. And since I've been here all I seem to do is work and then have a few hours in the evening having dinner with Wanna followed by a big deep sleep !!!!!  I normally leave the house around 5.30am to miss the traffic and I like to have an early start. In fact I have always thought early morning to be the best part of the day.




So you can image a late night plays havoc with my system.  I'm often cranky enough without adding in the effects of late nights and hangovers.... Enough said. Last night I got home about 5.30 pm and off we went out for a sundowner. I find it difficult to accept that Wanna will spend most of the day without much to do and my days just fly by. Seems very unfair so we went out.  Decided to go to the roof top bar in what is probably the tallest building in Accra.



Locally know as the lego building. We went up the one on the right.  Its 26 floors crammed full of expensive apartments and restaurants, gyms etc. And the view from the roof top bar is fantastic.  Had a small beer, watched the sun going down and just relaxed.  The place even had an infinity pool on the roof. Very cool !!!










Then decided it was time to go get a Thai dinner.  So off round to Khun Gai's restaurant. Few more beers with her, her Husband and son.  Ended up playing a few songs. Good evening.  Followed by a very deep sleep...