Very Good Quote

"Your assumptions are your windows to the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or light won't come in."

Sunday 12 March 2017

Taking Photos

When I first got interested in photography I was in my 20's.  Before then it was just click and shoot. But over the years I bought several different cameras and did some black and white development and coloured slides. Got into underwater photography in a big way. But one of the most significant things I remember was reading a statement  in a photo magazine. Basically it said if you could not find enough things to make some really good shots within 3 miles of your base you needed to reassess your ability to see things.

I think what that means for me is everyday I pass stuff which I see time and time again. No big deal.  But it is a big deal.  Today I took the scooter out for a spin. 10 minutes. Spotted several charcoal kilns  and saw some lovely rice paddys, rivers and general pretty scenes.  I stopped and took a few shots. Again I do not think they are anything special as I'll see these places all the time and sure to again tomorrow ! But I need to start looking at things differently. Get some of the old magic back.

   

    


No comments: