Very Good Quote

"Your assumptions are your windows to the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or light won't come in."

Friday 20 March 2015

Joys of Cheap Shopping

Went out last evening in the local shopping mall to buy a few things.

Passing one of the many little computer accessories stalls I notices a box full of small USB phone charges. How much I asked? These ones are  Baht 80. That's about GBP 1.60. Bargain. Done deal. So off I went home to plug in my new "value for money" All excited thinking "Couldn't get this as cheap in UK etc etc".
Well plugged in and went to put on the music and have a cuppa. When suddenly a loud BANG from the bedroom. You guessed exactly where I had plugged in the "value for money" USB adapter.

All the lights went out, no power, everything off. Pitch black. On with the torch and after isolating the socket put the lights back on. This is what I saw.

No comments: