Very Good Quote

"Your assumptions are your windows to the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or light won't come in."

Tuesday 19 September 2017

Ghana 13 Road Trip Accra to Kamasi


Big Map.  Big Trip.


On Sunday I went to Kamasi.  About 500 kilometers round trip. Slow roads.  Left at 06.30 and got back about 007.30pm. I had a driver and I was still tired just sitting in the car. A 8-9 hours on the road.


I can hear you ask. "Why did I go ?"


"Well, Kumasi is the homeland, centre for the Ashanti Kingdom and this forms a main part of Ghana cultural life for most people. There are others tribes but these  guys are the tops... I know as they keep telling me.".  But thats not the reason I went.




The real reason to go was very simple. Issac, the guy who sold me the model robot, well, he lives up there.  I decided to go see  him and get my toy fixed. So up I went, I spent about 3 hours with him. So helpful. He and Ann-Marie his colleague both electrical engineers,  got me sorted in only a few minutes..... Well nearly, say 5!!!!!!  If I was left to my own devices I'd still be up there fixing the first line of programming....



Got my lessons and even got my robot working with blue tooth on my phone. Cool or what......
Then back to Accra. early night ready for another day in the office on Monday....

So photos wise I only go a few shots off in the car. Quite amazing the number of street hawkers selling everything from fruit and veg to car windscreen wipers to sponges etc.  If you hang around long enouh you can get it all. There was even one guy selling walking sticks !!!!!







































Good journey, reasonably safe in the travelling in car sence. Road side hamburger joints ok. Yes they do have local hamburger stalls. All good.












The road sides are crammed with sellers in each village then wide open roads. All in all agood day out.




No comments: