Very Good Quote

"Your assumptions are your windows to the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or light won't come in."

Sunday 30 July 2017

Ghana 2 The beginning

Don't ask.....

I have no idea where the week has gone. We arrived last weekend and whow  Its already the following Sunday.  Work was of course a bit hectic we have a staff of 54 and I'm nominally the Project Director so.. try remembering 53 names.  And you know me I even forget my middle name. So fun and laughs for a few days.

Got through that and actually the project is interesting and the location of course by the sea is as usual ideal.  For those who do not know the project, Tema Port (check youtube)  it is a new container shipping port with lots of bells and whistles.  Making a breakwater and some big new quays. Sort of being a kid again with lots of big toys to play with...

Accra. Well there lies the problem. Well not with Accra but more on me being able to comment on it. Have not had time to see it properly, in fact hardly anything. We have had a night out to a very good indian restaurant and a second evening which was a staff do.  Both very enjoyable. After the staff evening I managed to learn and remember about 25 names of our team.  Working on the others...

I've added a few photos of street scenes. Taken from hte car on way to and from work. Very much reminds me of a combination of Pakistan and Vanuatu. Why ? Well in so far as the climate, life style of sellers on the roads and unfinished construction everywhere.  Main difference realy is with the street vendors. The ladies all carry stuff on their heads. I mentioned this last post but it is the most noticable difference.

On the food front. Again limited knowledge. Lots of good fish and plantins.  Thats fried banana using red oil and spices.  Excellent.  Lots of yams and various ground nuts etc. I have tried very little.  Need to get out and about. Giev me a little time. So more on that later. For now a few poor quality videos and photos....