Very Good Quote

"Your assumptions are your windows to the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or light won't come in."

Saturday 3 December 2011

Big event for me last night. First public guitar performance. One song. I had chosen "Sunshine of your love' by the Cream. A 1968 track, and still one of my favourites. Went down well. The slide show attached to this post shows about you that 50 people turned up for the annual Gladstone Guitar School event. Its a showcase from the school to the students and an opportunity where we all get to play a song. Some students were very good. I was surprised some were still students...
Acoustic and electric guitars and some were singing. The Teacher is part of a Rock Band so we were lucky to have the bank along as our very own 'backing group'. And they were very patient! All in all a good night. Yes, I was nervous. You play every day at home and have no real idea if you are improving or not. Me, I now think another 12 months and I'll fell confident to stand up and play a few numbers. Trick now is to learn the songs properly and remember them... Not easy as you get older....

Slide show. Thats me in an orange 'T" shirt all hunched up over a guitar.

No comments: