Very Good Quote

"Your assumptions are your windows to the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or light won't come in."

Wednesday 7 October 2009

7th October and all that

What's so special about today you ask? Well for me it is a very special day. Today is my Mothers Birthday. 84 years old and still going strong. I owe her a massive debt to thanks for everything. Firstly without her I would not even be here!!!! So thanks for that.... Second, third and more reasons onwards and upwards for everything since.
Unfortunately I cannot be there in UK to share the day with her. Not putting family first seems for so many of us a modern answer to so many things these days. However distance does not help. Bangkok is a long way from Norfolk and having checked on flights it still possible but... just not practicable. Better still if she visits us for a month in November and Christmas and has more time for us to enjoy together each others company. She will get the added bonus of some sunshine. Work should not come as a first priority, I know so I need in future to do more forward planning. But it also makes me realize, I to, am getting older. Same rate as everyone else I know but..... So we've arranged to get my Mother out here for a month. I've got Owen onto this and as I write he is buying the ticket. Non stop London Bangkok. Plan is to present her the ticket in front of her friends over lunch. Not to make it seem like a big idea or a show of any kind but only that way can we be certain to avoid any "Oh no, I can't go, I've got so many other things to do". etc etc. As I said earlier Family should come first and this is her chance to be with us... No doubt she will feature in some future postings.

No comments: