Very Good Quote

"Your assumptions are your windows to the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or light won't come in."

Wednesday 16 January 2019

Ghana 37

Now back in Ghana from the Christmas break. Had a few days in Seychelles and Thailand. Not long enough. Never is....

Now busy trying to keep the new years resolutions going. First off drink less.  That's working well so far. I had little over the holiday and coming back here there is even less incentive.  Might also be an age thing but I do so hope I can keep it better under control. Plan is to ensure this happens. Not sure how long the coffee substitutions will continue.

Music is on my list.  Listen to more and play more. I restarted my key board playing. By restarting I mean just than.  Started from the beginning of the course. Its actually a real good measure of just how far I have come.  Some of the earlier tunes are really easy then I get stuck. Before when I was playing on the on line training programme I had a tendency to bash on and try and pass each test around the 50% level. now I'm trying harder and not rushing.  In fact enjoying it far more....  Same for guitar. Although I do have difficulty getting the sounds down to what I want to here.... Time to learn properly and enjoy, and of course follow the new year resolutions...

The other strange thing that's happened to me in last few days it two persons separately have asked me about why I am still working......  That resonated through my head last night....  Why because I enjoy and even with working I still manage to fit on the other things I want to do. Long may it last.

We are planning a short canal trip later on in the year and that should be fun. Llangollen canal to be precise. Just for a few days. Need to sort out tickets and flights etc.

Now back to my resolutions.  Work it is ..........

No comments: