A wise man once said....

"When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen you may learn something new." Dalai Lama

Monday, 14 November 2011

Flooding in Bangkok




You might well ask why I am mentioning the flooding in Thailand. Well the local Thai community organised a fund raising event. Actually a dinner dance complete with a good array of Thai food, Authentic Thai dancing and a band to supply dancing music. I estimate about 200 people turned up and a good time was had by all. It was so good I treated myself to a couple of beers. no excesses but it did indeed add to the spirit of it all.



The food as I say was excellent. The three local Thai restaurants had got together and supplied what can only be described as a fantastic spread. Chicken, curry, pork, savouries and both steamed and sticky rice. We went with about 10 friends and it made for a great atmosphere. Most surprisingly to me was that over 50 Thais turned up. Gladstone with a population of about 50,000 means this is about 0.1%. That struck me as a big percentage. It was a fun evening. My only regret was I have my phone camera not a proper camera so crap photos. Sorry............. :( Hence my only adding one to this post......




To top off a really great evening we raised over AUD$ 7,000 for the Flood Relief effort in Thailand. A good effort by all. And I would like to say that AUD$ 300 came from Wanna's employers, Barney Beach Caravan Park. What a wonderful appreciation of her by them and what an amazing kindness. Someone in Thailand does not know how fortunate they are.
Post a Comment