Very Good Quote

"Your assumptions are your windows to the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or light won't come in."

Monday 14 November 2011

Flooding in Bangkok




You might well ask why I am mentioning the flooding in Thailand. Well the local Thai community organised a fund raising event. Actually a dinner dance complete with a good array of Thai food, Authentic Thai dancing and a band to supply dancing music. I estimate about 200 people turned up and a good time was had by all. It was so good I treated myself to a couple of beers. no excesses but it did indeed add to the spirit of it all.



The food as I say was excellent. The three local Thai restaurants had got together and supplied what can only be described as a fantastic spread. Chicken, curry, pork, savouries and both steamed and sticky rice. We went with about 10 friends and it made for a great atmosphere. Most surprisingly to me was that over 50 Thais turned up. Gladstone with a population of about 50,000 means this is about 0.1%. That struck me as a big percentage. It was a fun evening. My only regret was I have my phone camera not a proper camera so crap photos. Sorry............. :( Hence my only adding one to this post......




To top off a really great evening we raised over AUD$ 7,000 for the Flood Relief effort in Thailand. A good effort by all. And I would like to say that AUD$ 300 came from Wanna's employers, Barney Beach Caravan Park. What a wonderful appreciation of her by them and what an amazing kindness. Someone in Thailand does not know how fortunate they are.

No comments: