Very Good Quote

"Your assumptions are your windows to the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or light won't come in."

Wednesday 5 July 2017

Guitar Jam

Was in Khon Kaen with my friends Dante and Alain.  We had a few strums. Really learning some good stuff.  Dante  is a great teacher.  He needs to be with my slow learning  process. The more I learn the more I realize how little I know. I don't think anyone ever fully learns music as there is just so much of it. And importantly we listened to a local guy who had been learning the "pin" a three stringed instrument which they use for all Issan music.  Khon Kaen University has a music department a section of which specializes in Issan music. He has attended this course.  Now he travels world wide playing Issan and rock and  blues. Very impressive.

Mody is a small studio in the Khon Kaen University area.  Fairly basic but a lot of fun and a good central location for meeting up.  And the compound hosts a "Koi" fish farm, some small crays and hydroponics.  A really fun place with a great atmosphere. You can spend a few hours there just relaxing.

They also make some very good quality guitars. I think I might treat myself next year.....  Don't tell Wanna......