Very Good Quote

"Your assumptions are your windows to the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or light won't come in."

Thursday 10 December 2009

Pattaya Balloon 2009



The 2009 Pattaya International Balloon Festival is in its 4th year just outside Pattaya. Adds lots of colour and brightness to Pattaya's skyline.
So with what was a beautiful morning. I today set off to work as usual and round the first corner I spotted a set of balloons taking off. Sure enough Pattaya Balloon festival in my back garden. Even got my driver interested.

It was about 6.30am so I thought a bit early for most people so imagine I was surprised to see some many cars about. Must have been 200-300 at the very least. Seems I was not the only one interested. The air was still, not a drop of wind which I'm sure made for great ballooning. We stopped for a few photos but being so early in the day the light was not so good. Really for photo work it needed some bright blue sky as a back drop to set it all off. However a quick stop was in order and indeed absolutely necessary and a great chance for a few photos, I will be honest with you, I was glad to be gong to work and not up 'there' in a hot air balloon. I had no wish to partake thank you!

I'll say no more as it has already been said in far better detail on this link. That s.aid I might go along again tonight to see the night balloons.

No comments: