A wise man once said....

A wise man once said
"When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen you may learn something new."
Dalai Lama

Friday, 17 April 2009

Buddha Statues

Just been to the market and being Songkarn season, there still a laid back atmosphere. Even so it was a surprise to come across a sheltered area containing several wooden statues of Lord Buddha . I stood for a few moments to take in the sight and watched a few people making merit and private prayers. They seems oblivious to all the traffic and general activities going on around them.

I could understand it if I was in a church or temple where you expect some quiet, But in a car park which was being transformed into an evening market as I stood there, it seemed strange to a say the least. So a few quick photos. Having reviewed them, and on a totally separate point I realize I’m getting fat!!! That or the Buddha's are getting thinner. And I think I know which it is!!!

No comments: